Sunday, November 12, 2006

Giving the Air Paddle Sign and Driving (#32)

What Were You Doing When You Should Have Been Driving (#32)? Giving the Air Paddle Sign and Driving.

So I am driving along at a comfortable speed, enjoying the day, when a brand new (huge) van passes me. The driver (who I recognize, but he does not) is giving me the Air Paddle as a symbol to go faster. I look down at my speedometer and I am cruising along at 50 in a 45. I am passed by this rude individual doing about 60 mph.

Who accompanied the driver on this wonderful day? The drivers severly disabled son, and the child care children (my friend's daughter and others) they watch and care for while parents work.

Interestingly enough, here is this beautiful van purchased with the communities tax dollars (by-the-way a great cause) and the son-of-a-gun driver shoots me an air paddle of thanks. HMMMM!

Note: You may be more famous than you know. It was confirmed on this day, I made the right decision not to have my child cared for by this family...

No comments: