Monday, October 23, 2006

Smoking, Drinking Coffee, Talking on the Cell Phone, and Driving!

What Were You Doing When You Should Have Been Driving?

Multi-tasking and Driving. So I am driving toward a traffic light and I plan to turn left. A car is coming through the light so I pause my turn. As I wait, I notice the other driver is talking on the cell phone, smoking a cigarette and holding a hot cup of coffee with no lid.

Obviously the driver is totally unaware of the steep dip in the road just prior to entering the intersection.

As the car hit the dip/bump, I observe the cigarette and cell phone fall into the drivers lap followed by a stream of hot flying coffee. Hopefully the coffee put out the cigarette before it burned the crud out of the drivers legs. Although saying this, the driver was going to be burned either way, so it really doesn't matter. As he drove by, the driver had a look of pain on his face.

I must congratulte the driver on actually keeping on a staight path, but I imagine he was late to wherever he intended to go.

Note: Multi-tasking may reap rewards in the work environment; however, multi-tasking and driving will only reap trouble.

No comments: